Monday, October 14, 2013

Blog entry #6 - Class #6

I will be writing my essay about a trip I took to Peru over a summer a few years ago. There are two main things I want to make sure I include on my essay. First, the fact that I realized that I didn't have enough money to take this trip and I was stressing so much about this; also, the fact that it was the first time I was going so far away without any member of my family. I was going with my boyfriend and his family and it was also the first time I was meeting the entire portion of the family living in Peru. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know if they were going to like me or not I was extremely nervous. Everything in the end turned out okay, actually better than what I thought; it was one of the best trips I've ever taken.

I had bought the tickets at the beginning of the year so being that that was all paid for I thought I had plenty of time to save money before the actual trip in the summer. I also thought that I had all I needed to take but a month before the trip I realized I had no money. I had not saved and the trip was around the corner. I was going thousands miles away from home to a place totally new with no family. I needed money, I should've saved. So I remember being in my room completely overwhelmed and stressed out. I started to cry because I was just so stressed out. This was supposed to be an exciting trip. I was going to Peru! This was supposed to be fun. But there I was, crying like a baby completely overwhelmed. My birthday was coming up, right before the trip so all I asked for was cash! I was broke It was like even the smallest things made got me stressed out. I also remember being in my room about a week before the trip I was trying to put together what I was going to take over there. I started noticing I didn't know what I was going to take with me, how the weather there was going to be like, what shoes was I going to wear. I was overwhelmed about everything. Between the thought of what if they don’t like me and not knowing how to present myself I was freaking out. I was so worried.
So, fast-forward a little I eventually got some cash, which I thought wasn't going to be enough but then it was, gathered some outfits and went all the way to Peru with only that. When I arrived a few days after I realized that I felt like the load was off my back I could finally relax and enjoy my vacation.

This was an unforgettable experience for me once I arrived to this beautiful country, the family was very nice and it turned out I had enough money and I had a blast. I would do it again and I’ll be able to have way less stress because I know what to expect exactly because I have already been there. I was so happy during this trip once I knew everything was going to be okay that suddenly, I was a kid in Christmas day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment